Cordyceps Sinensis is one of the most potent and beneficial herbs in the world. It is a fungus that lives on certain caterpillars in the high mountain regions of China. There are many records on Cordyceps in traditional Chinese medicine books. Cordyceps have been used in Chinese culture and traditional Chinese medicine for centuries. To date, Cordyceps have been recognized for its powerful potency in restoring energy, promoting longevity, and improving the quality of life.
The numerous health benefits of Cordyceps
- Cordyceps sinensis contains cordycepin and a variety of nutrients confirmed to inhibit a variety of bacteria growth.
- Stimulates cell proliferation, enhances the immune system defenses, and increases macrophage activity.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Increases blood oxygen, dilation of blood vessels.
- Containing about 28 kinds of saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, which are beneficial for lowering blood cholesterol.
- Helps prevent cardiovascular disease
- Contains mainly vitamin B1, B2, B12 and other B complex and vitamin K which helps to boost normal metabolism.
- Contains selenium, zinc, sodium, calcium, potassium, magnesium, copper, manganese, iron, aluminum, chromium, especially, selenium is the body’s most important trace elements
Some common ways of consuming Cordyceps
Pros: Easy to make at home, rich in nutrients, relatively effective
Cons: It is not convenient for busy worker or commuters
Put few Cordyceps sinensis into water and bring it to boiling by using low heat. (Normally it takes 6 to 10 minutes). Drink it with a cup as soon as the water gets boiled, because the boiled Cordycepts tea contains the most nutrients, especially when it is in the darkest color. Keep adding boiled water and drink it (add 4-6 times water into cup or teapot) until Cordyceps get white, then Cordyceps can be eaten when the water is in a light color as well.
- Make meat / bone broth with Cordyceps
Pros: Rich in nutrients, great taste
Cons: It is not suitable for people who are short on time
There are varieties of meat /bone with Cordycepts broth receipts available online. The chicken Cordyceps broth seems like very popular way to include Cordyceps in the diet.
Pro: It is very convenient and easy to carry, highly effective
Cons: Some people may found out that it is hard to swallow the capsules.
I personally like Perfect Cordyceps since it is 100% organic, sourced from the highest- quality mushroom, and grown under carefully regulated conditions in the United States. For those who want to make your own Cordyceps capsules, you can ground Cordyceps into powder and pack in capsules, so it is easy to carry with you daily. This would be convenient for long time consumption. Whenever you choose to take capsules, make sure you consume the pure and premium product.