1. Rhodiola rosea is an adaptogen herb meaning that it works to normalize any aspect of the body that isn’t functioning properly while simultaneously boosting overall health. Adaptogen herbs also cause little to no side effects or negative interactions.
2. The best rhodiola rosea is wild harvested from the Siberian Mountains. Unfortunately, many of the rhodiola rosea supplements that are found in health food stores are made with rhodiola rosea that is cultivated in a lab. Buy Siberian rhodiola rosea whenever possible.
3. Rhodiola rosea is a bright yellow flower, but it is the root of the flower that holds most of the plant’s beneficial properties. The root is turned into an extract which is then dried and turned into a supplement.
4. Rhodiola not only boosts overall health like all adaptogens, it also has its own unique benefits. These benefits include reduced mental and physical stress and fatigue, a better immune system, greater energy, increased mental focus, and more.
5. This adaptogen herb is popular amongst athletes as it boosts energy while fighting fatigue. Many people take this supplement as a natural alternative to synthetic sports supplements like caffeinated pre-workouts.
6. Many people take pure rhodiola rosea supplements to replace dangerous prescription anti-anxiety and anti-depression medications. Adaptogens work to balance the body: if you are too stressed, they will calm you down. If you are too tired, they will boost your energy. They truly are magical little herbs!
Love learning about this wonderful little herb? You can learn more about rhodiola rosea here: http://www.perfectsupplements.com/Perfect-Rhodiola-Rosea-p/rhodiola.htm